As a Bar Person within a pub your role is to prepare and assist in serving alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, ensuring a high standard of customer care and detailed product knowledge.
You will work in a clean and tidy environment ensuring regular, appropriate cleaning and storing of glassware, that there is accurate stock replenishment and comply with legislation and company policy and procedures. You will prepare a variety of drinks for customers, sometimes working under pressure on busy nights.
You will need good customer service skills and be able to handle financial transactions. You will also need to work effectively as a team member, keeping others informed, reporting issues and dealing with disagreements constructively.
• Of legislation
• Of company policy and procedure
• Of menu, food and drink served and daily specials, menu, wine etc
• Of customer facilities and services
• High standard of personal presentation, punctuality and initiative.
• Polite and helpful
• Responsive and enthusiastic
• Positive approach to dealing with people
• Able to work effectively alone and as a part of a team