As Head of Waiting Staff, your role is to ensure efficient service and high standards of customer care and that all staff are fully briefed on and understand the menu on offer.
You will organise the team and supervise (and assist as appropriate) in preparation for service and the ordering and service of food and drink in line with legislation and company policy and procedure.
It will be your responsibility to ensure that dishes leaving the kitchen are presented well and that the service of food and drink are carried out efficiently and in line with company policies, procedures and all relevant legislation.
You will promote the image of the business at all times and maximise sales discreetly ensuring staff do the same, whilst also assisting in the management of costs, ensuring that waste (bread rolls, butter etc) is kept to a minimum.
Compiling rotas for staff you will need to ensure there is adequate staff coverage for the demands of service at the event whilst working with others to effectively build the team and ensure a good working environment.
You will work effectively as a member of the team and will assist and support staff in their personal development.
• Communication (informing others, listening to instructions, passing on messages)
• Customer service skills
• Works effectively under pressure
• Organisational skills
• Preparation of food and drink areas
• Handling and managing financial transactions
• Effective team member (keeps others informed, reports issues, deals with disagreements constructively etc)
• Giving feedback to staff
• Recognising staff training needs
• Of legislation
• Of Company policy and procedure
• Of menu, food and drink served and daily specials, menu, wine, promotions etc
• Of Customer facilities and services
• High standard of personal presentation, punctuality and initiative.
• Polite and helpful
• Responsive and enthusiastic
• Positive approach to dealing with people