As Restaurant Manager your role is to manage the operation of the restaurant. You will take responsibility for the scheduling of work and the appropriate allocation of duties to staff and monitor performance, ensuring department staff have good knowledge of services and products available to customers in order to maximise sales and will take an active role in recruiting, induction, training and developing staff.
You will contribute to the control of department costs and maintain costs within budget guidelines, manage and monitor all stock and ensure implementation of stock and security procedures to maximise efficiency and will take responsibility for the correct security and safety procedures for cash handling.
Maintaining staff awareness and implementing licensing laws and other legal requirements, you will ensure legislation and company policies and procedures are complied with. Producing and implementing performance standards and measures you will ensure customer care procedures are carried out and will ensure maintenance and cleanliness of all equipment.
• Communication (informing others, listening to instructions, passing on messages)
• Customer service skills
• Sales Skills
• Works effectively under pressure
• Preparation of food and drink areas
• Handling financial transactions
• Effective team member (keeps others informed, reports issues, deals with disagreements constructively etc)
• Giving feedback to staff
• Recognising staff training needs
• Team management skills
• Excellent organisational skills
• Of legislation
• Of Company policy and procedure
• Of menu, food and drink served and daily specials, menu, wine, promotions etc
• Of Customer facilities and services
• High standard of personal presentation, punctuality and initiative.
• Polite and helpful
• Responsive and enthusiastic
• Positive approach to dealing with people