Your role as Service Person is to serve and sell food and drink. You will take food and drink orders efficiently and accurately maintaining a high standard of customer care, taking opportunities to maximise sales as much as possible and ensure that tables are cleaned quickly and efficiently between courses/while the customer is seated.
You will undertake preparation for service in line with company policies and procedures and adhere to all relevant legislation. You will prepare and check customer's bills and ensure receipt of payment in line with company policy and procedure and maintain an effective working relationship with other members of the team and of other teams e.g. back of house.
• Communication (informing others, listening to instructions, passing on messages)
• Customer service skills
• Works effectively under pressure
• Preparation of food and drink areas
• Handling financial transactions
• Effective team member (keeps others informed, reports issues, deals with disagreements constructively etc)
• Of legislation
• Of Company policy and procedure
• Of menu, food and drink served and daily specials, menu, wine etc
• Of Customer facilities and services
• High standard of personal presentation, punctuality and initiative.
• Polite and helpful
• Responsive and enthusiastic
• Positive approach to dealing with people.
• Able to work effectively alone and as a part of a team