Level 1 Award in Spirits
Information about this qualification could differ depending on where you are in the UK. Chose your nation to view the relevant detail:
The Level 1 Award in Spirits is an entry level qualification providing a straightforward introduction to spirits. It aims to provide the basic product knowledge and skills in service and marketing of spirits to prepare a person for their first job in hospitality or the spirit industry.
What this course covers
- Understand the basic principles of spirit production
- Understand the main types and styles of spirits available
- Know how to serve spirits to customers
- Understand the basic principles of marketing used for the sale of spirits
- Understand the issues relating to the safe consumption of spirits
This qualification is not eligible for public funding. However, there are times when a learning provider might provide it at a subsidised rate. The best approach would be to contact your local provider. Search UKSP Training Providers to find your local college or work-based provider.