Information about this qualification could differ depending on where you are in the UK. Chose your nation to view the relevant detail:
The Level 3 Award in Health and Safety for Supervisors in the Workplace is aimed at first line managers and supervisors to help them comply with Health and Safety legislation. The qualification develops knowledge to design, implement and monitor a health and safety programme within a small to medium sized organisation or unit.
The qualification is usually delivered across one or two days and it is assessed through a short answer exam paper.
Importance of supervision with regard to Health and Safety in the workplace
- Role of the supervisor:
- Health and Safety at Work etc Act Hazards and risks in the workplace and their possible effects
- Hazards and risks relating to the environment of the workplace and their appropriate controls
- Hazards and risks relating to work equipment and their appropriate controls
- Hazards and risks relating to fire and electricity in the workplace and their appropriate controls Hazards and risks likely to affect the occupational health of individuals
- Risks due to substances hazardous to health and their appropriate controls
- Hazards and risks due to manual handling and methods for reducing these risks
- Effect of noise and stress at work and methods for controlling this