Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety in Catering
Information about this qualification could differ depending on where you are in the UK. Chose your nation to view the relevant detail:
This qualification has been designed to meet the revised food safety legislation that came into law in 2006. The ‘Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety in Catering’ reflects what the legislation is saying in relation to the responsibilities of supervisors. There is an emphasis in the qualification on identifying and preventing hazards and taking corrective action. People doing this qualification would normally have a sound knowledge of food safety and may have undertaken the Level 2 ‘Award in Food Safety in Catering’. .
What this course covers
- Introduction Understand and explain relevant legislation
- Applying and monitoring good hygiene practice
- Temperature control
- Workplace and equipment design
- Waste disposal, cleaning and disinfection
- Pest control
- Personal hygiene of staff
- Contribution to staff training
- Implementation of food safety management procedures
- Food safety management tools
This qualification is not normally eligible for public funding. However, there are times when a learning provider might provide it at a subsidised rate. The best approach would be to contact your local provider. Search UKSP Training Providers to find your local college or work-based provider.