Level 4 Award in Managing Food Safety in Catering
Information about this qualification could differ depending on where you are in the UK. Chose your nation to view the relevant detail:
This qualification has been designed to meet the revised food safety legislation that came into law in 2006. The ‘Level 4 Award in Managing Food Safety in Catering’ reflects what the legislation is saying in relation to the responsibilities of managers. There is an emphasis in the qualification on drawing up programmes and procedures and the importance of introducing and monitoring them to ensure full compliance with the legislation.
People doing this qualification would normally have a sound knowledge of food safety and should have undertaken the level 2 ‘Award in Food Safety in Catering’ and probably the level 3 ‘Level 3 Award in Supervision of Food Safety in Catering’.
What this course covers
- Understand how food business operators can ensure compliance with food safety legislation.
- Understand the operational requirements needed to ensure food safety.
- Understand how to establish food safety management procedures.
- Understand the controls required for food safety.
- Understand how to maintain food safety management procedures.
This qualification is not normally eligible for public funding. However, there are times when a learning provider might provide it at a subsidised rate. The best approach would be to contact your local provider. Search UKSP Training Providers to find your local college or work-based provider.